Breaking

Saturday, December 4, 2021

The Meaning Of Literature

 The Meaning Of Literature

As wise people say that literature is the mirror of society. It would be much difficult to limit literature and cover it in a piece of writing. Try my best to simplify as much as I can. I would like to add a short example  which may 8t help a lot to the readers and students Of English Literature. A child and a man one day waking to the sea shore for refreshment. A small child found a shell and held it to earshot. The sound of shell much strange, sweet and melodious for him. He filled with wonder as he heard. In addition, a man explaining; here nothing strange in the sound of shell but it was a new world for a child and not for a man. A man cannot noticed that strange sound as it made child wonder. 

Furthermore, as we began to study English Literature, there are always two aspects; one is the Enjoyment and Appreciation and the second one is Analysis and Description.

The First one,we take a simple examples; let's a little song which love the more,or a book which is near to your heart,Readers! we can discover a new world. This would be totally different from the real world rather than it seems a place of dream or you may say a magic.

The second one,to enter a new world, Analysis and and explain is less enjoyful but we cannot ignore it rather still an important matter. As we know that a good book behind a wise man; behind a wise man is race, and behind a race are nature and social environment whose influence is automatically reflected.

In a nutshell, now we have almost reached a point where we understand and also enjoy literature.

Qualities Of Literature


Artistic Quality Of Literature

As everyone know that all art is the expression of life in the shape of beauty and truth; which are in the world but it is unoticed until brought them to some sensitive human souls. 

We have a fantastic example in the form of song which is related to it.

A hundred men pass through haygrass l; where girls are making hay and singing. No one of them noticed these girls song expect a poet one of them.


Song

Yesterday's flowers am I,

And I have drunk my last sweet draught of dew.

Young maidens came and sang me to my death;

The moon looks down and sees me in my shroud,

The shroud of my last dew.

 

Yesterday's flowers that are yet in me

Must needs make way for all to-morrow's flowers.

The maidens, too, that sang me to my death

Must even so make way for all the maids That are to come.

And as my soul, so too their soul will be

Laden with fragrance of the days goneby.

 

The maidens that to-morrow come this way

Will not remember that I once did bloom,

For they will only see the new-born flowers.

Yet will my perfume-laden soul bring back,

As a sweet memory, to women's hearts

Their days of maidenhood.

 

And then they will be sorry that they came

To sing me to my death;

And all the butterflies will mourn for me.

I bear away with me

 

The sunshine's dear remembrance, and the low

Soft murmurs of the spring.

My breath is sweet as children's prattle is ;

I drank in all the whole earth's fruitfulness,

To make of it the fragrance of my soul

That shall outlive my death.

Morever,literature subject matter and presentation of fact in the simple beauty of its expression.


Emotion and Imagination

Through this a door of literature open up it charm and beauty. There are many examples which are compel the readers on imagination and emotion.

When Milton makes Satan say, 'Myself am Hell'. These three words a whole world speculation and Imagination. In a word, literature not only to instruct but to delight and the readers to built their own world. 


 Permanence Of Literature

This is the third quality  of literature where books pouring our days and nights in the name of nature. Literature is like a flood,which gradually purifies itself in two ways. The mud settles to the bottom, and the scum rises to the top.

 

The Objective Of Literature

Literature is not only related to the pleasure and enjoyment where a readers enter a new world; it is not only a door of deeds; but a dreamer of dreams; and to know him,we must search deeper his history.


~Sana Ullah Wazir

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do not enter any spam link in the comment box

Top 5 Tips For Glowing Skin

  TOP 5 TIPS For Glowing Skin 1. Drink plenty of water 2. Wear sunscreen every day 3. Exfoliate once a week 4. Moisturize every morning and ...